Monday, June 29, 2015

Making Foam Armor - Part 1



For this armor I started by covering my model in clear saran wrap then covering it with duck tape. I was just doing a quick armor.  I didn't want to waste the duck tape, so I used cheap packing tape instead.  It worked well, but it not as strong. After I got the shape of her body, I drew a sketch.  It was in the style of a gladiator design.

 
Then I traced the pattern onto the tape with a sharpie marker. I cut out the breast plate and back plate of the armor as well as shoulder pads and knee pads. I improvised the arm bracers, just using my
wrist and forearm measurements.

 
 
I placed them onto the craft foam, traced them out, and cut the different layers. I used two pieces of foam for the bases, I just felt that one was to thin.



 
Then I cut a thin strip for the decorative edge. Using hot glue, I attached them all together.



 
The next step well be in part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment